This is a super easy recipe for Almond cake that I learnt from my mum. As a child, I always looked forward to the time when mum would make Almond cake. Every time I make Almond cake, I am reminded of my mother and the warmth I felt dining with our big family. We have been following this recipe for decades and it feels surreal to share with it all of you today.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Ingredients for almond cake
50 gm of cold melted butter
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Flour
A handful of roughly chopped almonds for garnish
Step 1: Take all ingredients except almonds, and mix them well together.
Step 2: Pour the mixture is into a buttered overproof fry pan.
Step 3: Now sprinkle the chopped almonds on top and put the mixture into the oven until they are golden brown. It takes about 15 minutes.
Step 4: Enjoy your hot almond cake is ready! Let it cool a bit and serve.
- 50 gm cold, melted butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Egg
- A good hand full of roughly chopped almonds for garnish
- Step 1 Start by Mixing all ingredients, except the almonds, together.
- Step 2 Pour the mixture into a buttered ovenproof fry pan.
- Step 3 Now, sprinkle the almonds on top and put it into the oven until they are golden brown (approximately 15 minutes).
Easy! In about 20 minutes, and you dessert ready!
Have you tried our Nutella Calzone recipe yet?