Everybody loves Ferrero Rocher Chocolate. We decided to take it one step further and enjoy it as a mousse.
Today we are sharing our recipe for Ferrero Rocher Chocolate mousse. High chances it will leave you wanting for more.
Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Mousse
Special Equipment Requirement: Double boiler (A double boiler is a specialized piece of kitchen equipment consisting of two fitted saucepans. The larger saucepan is partially filled with water brought to a simmer or boil. The inner saucepan uses this indirect heat to melt chocolate, cook custards and sauces)
- Packet 16 Ferrero Rocher (8 has to be crushed)
- 2 X 100 gm packets Lindt Roasted Hazelnut Dark Chocolate
- 900 ml Tub Paul’s Double Thick Rich Chocolate Custard
- 2 x 300 ml Gippsland Dairy Pure Double Cream
- 4 Large Tablespoons Nutella
- 50 gm Finely crushed toasted Hazel-Nuts (Optional)
- Step 1 Place the Crushed Ferrero Rocher, chocolate custard & Nutella in a double boiler over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Step 2 Use an electric beater or kitchen aid with whisk attachment to whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add to the chocolate mixture and gently fold until just combined.
- Step 3 Spoon or pour evenly among 8 x 200 ml-capacity serving glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours or until set. Topped with 1 Unwrapped Ferrero Rocher.