Fig and Prosciutto Bruschetta
Fig and prosciutto is a classic combination of Bruschetta that is popular among Italians. The saltiness of prosciutto and the sweetness of fig perfectly balance each other creating a flavour that you will remember for the rest of your life.
I don’t think I can ever stress enough how much I love Bruschetta, and the combination of fig and prosciutto just gives me one more reason to fall in love with Bruschettas.
Now without any further ado, let get to the recipe.
Fig & Prosciutto Bruschetta
This dish is a little bit different and very tasty.
- 150 g fig jam
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 80 g shaved parmesan
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 figs cut into 6 pieces each
- 1 Loaf of ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Marinate the figs in the balsamic vinegar, then put the figs on the BBQ to cook,
- Step 2 Toast each slice of bread on a BBQ, griddle pan or frying pan for about 1 minute on each side.
- Step 3 Rub each toast with the garlic clove and brush each slice with extra virgin olive oil.
- Step 4 Spread fig jam on each toast and put one slice of prosciutto on each toast. You can cut the prosciutto in smaller pieces if you like. Sprinkle some shaved parmesan on each toast and decorate the plate with some balsamic vinegar.