It’s hard not to love Nutella & it’s impossible not to love this Nutella Calzone! Come try this Italian dessert with a twist.
- 400 gm - OO Flour
- 160 ml - Warm Water
- 60 ml - Mineral / Soda Water
- 16 ml - Olive Oil
- 12 gm - Fresh Yeast or 3 Packets x 7gm Dries Yeast
- 8 gm - Salt
- 5 gm - Sugar
- 12 Heaped - Tablespoons Nutella
- Step 1 In a bowl add warm water, yeast and sugar together. Let it sit together until there is bubbling foam content at the top.
- Step 2 Depending on how you make the dough depending by hand or machine?
- Step 3 In a mixing bowl add the flour, salt, olive oil and mineral water. Slowly add the bubbling yeast mixture a bit at a time. Let it mix together for about 5-10 minutes. If the mixture is to dry add more water until it has a soft elastic feel to it. If the mixture is to wet then add more flour until you have the consistency required.
- Step 4 When the dough is mixed, put in a bowl preferably a wooden bowl cover with wet T-Towel. Allowed it to sit for about 40 minutes or until it has risen twice. Once it has risen re knead the dough and roll into 55 – 60 gm balls. Put each ball on the oiled trays and cover for about 30 minutes.
- Step 5 When you have rolled out the dough, cover the bottom edge with warm water, add 1 heaped tablespoon of Nutella as shown in the picture above.
- Step 6 Once the balls have risen a second time, roll out each ball into an oval shape as pictured above.
- Step 7 Fold over an edge to cover the calzone as shown in the picture above.
- Step 8 Using a fork, press down the edges to form an even edge as shown in the above picture.
- Step 9 On a tray which is covered with greaseproof paper, spread the Calzone’s evenly apart and put into a preheated oven of 150 – 160 degrees and cook for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and turn over the Calzones so it is evenly cooked through.
- Step 10 When you serve the Calzone on a plate, cover it with icing sugar which is sprinkled on top.
- Step 11 Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cream to the plate. And spread chocolate sauce over the top.