I hope you guys have already read the recipe for Pizza dough. If you haven’t, you are welcome to do so by clicking here.
In today’s post I am sharing you a simple pizza sauce recipe that you can enjoy with different ways.
- 400 ml Tin Diced Tomatoes with Basil / Oregano
- 400 ml Tin San Marzano Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Medium/Large Onion finely diced
- 2 Cloves - Garlic Finely Chopped (Or 2 teaspoons of Crushed Garlic)
- 2 Handfuls - Fresh Basil (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano (Adds more flavour than fresh Oregano)
- 1 to 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (Takes out the acidity of the tomatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Step 1 In a pot add the EV Olive Oil and finely diced onions, cook for 2 to 3 minutes then add in the garlic. Cook for a further 3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Step 2 Add the Tin Diced Tomatoes, San Marzano Diced tomatoes along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Step 3 Let it cook slowly for about 30 – 45 minutes constantly stirring the sauce every 5 minutes.
Take Par boiled potatoes, and then thinly slice them and toss in garlic olive oil, rosemary, chilli, salt and pepper, lightly fry in a pan for a few minutes.
Finely slice onions & bacon, toss in a pan which has been preheated with butter. Cook until the onions are caramelised.
Top the pizza with sauce, add mozzarella cheese, then layer with potatoes evenly, then add onions & bacon spreading evenly then finely chopped bacon or pancetta.
Bolognese Pizza is a favourite of ours at home.
Just add sauce, top with mozzarella cheese then add Bolognese. Easy as that!
For Fig pizza, top the pizza with sauce, and then finely crumble gorgonzola cheese evenly over the pizza. Then add either dried or fresh figs which have been chopped into about 24 pieces spread evenly over the top. Once pizza has been cooked add freshly sliced prosciutto about 8 slices depending on the size of the pizza.
For Parma Pizza, just top the pizza with sauce, add mozzarella cheese. Once the Pizza has been cooked, add sliced Prosciutto evenly, and then topped with rocket leaves, and then shaved parmesan. Sprinkle Olive oil and cracked pepper over the pizza.
Now, you can enjoy your favourite pizza at home!
Our favourite is the Bolognese Pizza. Which one is yours? Let us know in the comments section below.