Quick and easy. A must try for Pork lovers.
- 4 x 100 gm pork schnitzel
- 1.5 kg salad potato
- 250 gm frozen broad beans
- 150 gm frozen peas
- 2 heads of broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 small bunch of mint leaves tied up
- 8 tbsp EV olive oil
- 2 tbsp Thyme leaves (taken off the steam)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50 gm grated Pecorino cheese
- 50 gm shaved Pecorino cheese
- Step 1 Place one piece of veal on a large sheet of baking paper. Fold the paper over to cover the meat. With a rolling pin gently bash to tenderise the meat, then roll the meat out to create a large thin piece of pork.
- Step 2 In a pestle and mortar add the thyme leaves, 4 tbsp of EV olive oil, garlic clove, 1 tbsp of sea salt and the lemon zest. Pond into a pesto type paste.
- Step 3 On a large plate lay the 4 pieces of pork on it. Pour over the thyme pesto marinade and rub through all the meat thoroughly.
- Step 4 In a pot add the salad potatoes with 1 tbsp sea salt and the bunch of mint and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 5 After 10 minutes add the broccoli, then after a further 2 minutes add the broad beans and peas.
- Step 6 On a large platter (preferable oval and flat). Make a vegetable dressing with 4 tbsp EV olive oil, juice of one lemon, chopped chilli and the grated pecorino cheese.
- Step 7 Once the vegetables are cooked toss them in vegetable dressing and mix through thoroughly.
- Step 8 On a preheated griddle pan cook 2 scallopini at the time for one minute per side. Plate up and enjoy.