Bruschetta is my favourite starter dish, and Roast pumpkin bruschetta falls into my top 3 Bruschetta recipes. Great for gatherings or just a healthy lunch alternative, this is a super easy dish that you can enjoy effortlessly. Great during both summer and winter season, one can never run out of different ways to savour bruschetta. Today, I am sharing my easy roast pumpkin bruschetta recipe with you.
Roast Pumpkin Bruschetta
A tasty starter. Great for any gathering or a healthy lunch alternative.
- 200g finely diced pumpkin
- 1 Granny Smith apple finely diced
- 1 tsp of each sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp of each rosemary and sage
- 50 g rocket
- 50 g basil
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove or 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 4 heaped tbsp parmesan cheese
- 100 g goat’s cheese
- 1 loaf ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic
- extra virgin olive oil for toast
- Step 1 Finely dice pumpkin and the apple. The apple will add sweetness to the dish. Season with sea salt, pepper sage and rosemary. Drizzle over extra virgin olive oil and transfer over to an oven tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 In a frying pan roast pine nuts for a few minutes. In a blender add pine nuts, rocket, basil, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, half the goats cheese and extra virgin olive oil. Mix in the blender till it is a paste.
- Step 3 After 30 minutes take out the pumpkin and apple mixture and let it cool.
- Step 4 Toast each bread on a BBQ, griddle pan or a frying pan for about 1 minute on each side. Rub each toast with the garlic clove and brush the bread extra virgin olive oil.
- Step 5 Smash the pumpkin and apple mixture and spread on each toast, then spread the pesto on top of the pumpkin mixture and garnish with the rest of the goats cheese and serve.
Try our other bruschetta recipes as well.
- Traditional bruschetta
- Ricotta and cherry tomato bruschetta
- Fig & Prosciutto bruschetta
- Vegetarian bruschetta
What is your favourite way to enjoy Bruschetta? Let us know in the comments below.