A great party dish that goes well with a BBQ or a health and tasty lunch alternative.
- 400 g medley cherry tomatoes mixed colors
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil (cut with scissors to preserve flavor)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One loaf of ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 1 Garlic clove
- Olive extra virgin oil for toast
- Step 1 Finely dice all the cherry tomatoes and the red onions, with a pair of food scissors, cut the basil finley.
- Step 2 Mix all ingredients in a bowl, drizzle over extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle over the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 On a BBQ, in a griddle pan or in a frying pan place your bread to be toasted (about one minute per side).
- Step 4 Once the bread is toasted, rub each bread with the garlic clove. Brush on extra virgin olive oil on each bread.
- Step 5 Top each bread with the tomato mixture and serve.